Monday, August 22, 2005

your favorite sufjan stevens songs...?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

in honor of sufjan stevens' five-night residency at the bowery ballroom, in my home-away-from-home, new york city (my grandmama lives in the bx.. holla), i've decided to ask the blogging community a question that requires a shitload of thought. i want you to dig deep into your cerebrum (or cerebellum; when i dropped out of college, i wanted to be an english major, sue me) and muster up your three favorite sufjan stevens songs. please don't give me any of that "i don't have favorites" crap. just guess. so, because i'm too inept to post mp3's, i'll just list my three favorite sufjan stevens songs. you all know how to find them. you're smart boys and girls.

my three favorite sufjan songs are:
"borderline"
"flint (for the unemployed and underpaid)"
"the seer's tower"

honorable mention: "abraham", "god'll ne'er let you down", and the solo banjo demos of "he woke me up again" and "chicago".. what can i say? i'm a sucker for minimalism!


okay, kids; i'm curious. what are your favorite sufjan jams?

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I can give you my number one: "vito's ordination song". i'll have to think about #'s 2 and 3.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

For number 2, i gotta go w/ one something from Illinois: "casimir pulaski day", and number 3, from Seven swans: either "sister" or "the transfiguration"

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's how i roll: off of the B-sides to greetings from michigan (my homestate!): marching band

it gets me going every time.

3:20 PM  
Blogger douglas martin said...

good choices! my winamp playlist loves sufjan. haha; but that's because i have his entire discography (with the exception of here's your rabbit; i didn't like it too much).

3:37 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

the all time great has to be Casimir Pulaski Day.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home